About the Sealth:
The Sealth, inspired by the Washington State Ferry of the same name, is a hand-crafted performance touring bike. Built in Seattle, The Sealth is perfectly equipped for both your daily commute and long distance rides throughout the Pacific Northwest.
“ Any bike can go fast; the measure of a great bike is how slow it can go. My Sealth wins at going slow every time.” -Professor Dave, Seattle WA
55 cm example
Ride one today!
The Sealth is available in 49, 52, 55, 58, 60, 62 cm frames.
Visit our store to take one for a test ride
Pricing starts at $1,800.00
- Wheels: 700c 32h Tiagra/Open Sport wheelset
- Tires: Schwalbe Delta Cruiser in creamy white
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore long cage
- Front Derailleur: Shimano triple
- Shifters: IRD Power Ratchet Thumb Shifters
- Chain: SRAM 9 Speed with 3 extra links added
- Cassette: Shimano 9 speed 11-34
- Cranks: Sugino XD500t triple 24-36-48
- Bottom Bracket: Simano BB-UN 55 107mm
- Pedals: MKS Sylvan Tour
- Seat: Brooks B-17 Special
- Seatpost: Kalloy Laprade
- Headset: V/O Gran Cru
- Bars: V/O Porteur
- Brakes: Shimano Altus CT-91 Cantilever
- Brake levers: V/O City Bike Brake Levers
- Grips: Origin8 Pro Corkie/Cork ribbon tape
“We have designed a bike with a certain aesthetic in mind- can you tell? That being said, if you twist my arm a little bit, I’ll put one together however you’d like it. Just don’t ask me to press a Sealth bicycle into service as a sales prop for beer in a grocery store!” — Alex, 2020 Cycles Head Mechanic/Owner
Want this custom bike to be even more customized? We can also include any of the following:
- Wheels: Shimano Tiagra hubs and Mavic Open Sport rims. Or why not have us build you a handmade custom wheelset?
- Headset: Chris King No Threadset, Cane Creek 110EC, Tange Seiki J62, IRD Technoglide.
- Bars: Anything you can imagine. We like uprights.. but..
- Tires: Remember the Sealth has mondo tire clearance. Just short of a 29’er will fit.
- Cranks: Sugino Impel 150x 28-38-48
- Pedals: What do you like? We like MKS.
- Derailleurs: Shimano XTR- it’s expensive but then again it’s amazing! (Black only)
- Brakes: Avid Shorty and Shorty Ultimate (Black Only), Cane Creek SCX-5, Paul Components Touring, Shimano CX-50 & 70, Tektro CX-710 (Black Only)
- Levers: Avid Speed Dial Ultimate, Paul Love Lever, Shimano XT-M770, Tektro MT-5.0, TRP ML-930 (Black Only),
- Seatpost (27.2):VO Grand Cru Seat Post (Long Setback), Nitto Dynamic
- Saddles: any other crazy beautiful Brooks you can dream of
- Tires: Schwalbe Marathon Plus, anyone? Continental Gator Skins?
Back to main Sealth page
- Hand made in Seattle, Washington
- Designed by Alex Kostelnik
- Double Butted Cro-Mo tubing from Mississippi, USA
- Union made steel tubing made in America
- Extra long chainstays
- Low bottom bracket for enhanced stability
- Relaxed head tube angle for “no jitters” riding
- Braze-ons for every commuting and touring need
- Fits super fat tires with ease
- Fender clearance galore
- Will fit virtually any rack ever made w/o messy clamps
Hear a Washington State Ferry announce it’s arrival!